In honor of the East Hampton LongHouse‘s Junior Council exhibit, Surf Craft: Design and the Culture of Board Riding, Paddle8 is hosting the Surf Craft Art Surfboard Auction.
Yes – a surfboard auction!
Here’s an overview of the artists and spots you can see the boards:
- Richard Phillips | Surf Lodge
- Caio Fonseca | Wölffer Estate Vineyard
- Peter Dayton | Amagansett Wine & Spirits
- Isca Greenfield-Sanders | Ruschmeyer’s
- Scott Bluedorn | Air & Speed Surf Shop
- Fitzhugh Karol | TIINA the STORE
- Greg Fadell | Harper’s Books
- Darius Yektai | The Living Room @ The Maidstone
- Carl Ekstrom with Jack Larsen Textile | LongHouse
All of the surfboards were handshaped by Joe Falcone, expect for the Ekstrom board.
Check out all of the above mentioned surfboards in the gallery below.
To bid, go to Paddle8. All proceeds benefit LongHouse’s public programs.
As for the exhibition, it is curated by Richard Kenvin and organized by Mingei Museum, San Diego.
LongHouse is an East Hampton sculpture garden and center for contemporary art.
Now, which one shall we focus our bidding on?