We caught up with Katerina to find out how she stays healthy, as every time we check out her Instagram, we get hungry! She is always sharing some of the best food posts.
Over to Katerina…
For breakfast, I looove apple-cinnamon porridge with honey, dry dates and fresh figs. It fills me up for a long time and gives me lots of energy. Plus, I can easily take it with me to go.
I also do love banana pancakes with maple syrup and fresh berries. It’s healthy and super yummy.
Onto lunch! When home in Hamburg, I love to cycle to Blankenese, about one hour away via bike, to the restaurant Zum Bäcker. I’ll eat a Wiener Schnitzel with Weizen Bier “wheat beer”, which is also one of my favorite dishes, and will cycle back. It’s one of the best places in Hamburg to have a Schnitzel, and it has a beautiful view of the Elbe river.
For dessert, I love black bean brownies. They have no sugar and no flour, and I never thought they could taste so good. They are even better than the regular brownie we know.
Here’s the recipe:
- With a shot of fresh lemon juice, let 150 g black beans soak overnight in water.
- Then, drain the beans and with fresh water, boil the beans on low heat for 50 minutes.
- Drain the beans.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the beans and then add:
- 30 g melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 100 g dry plums or figs
- 1 T vanilla sugar
- 1 T unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: 40 g dates or dark chocolate to sweeten it up a bit.
Blend well and bake 180 C for 20 min. Enjoy!